add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
BigNick1206
  • 37 months ago

When shutting off my computer should I just click the power button on my pc case or flick the switch on my power supply? Or both?

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 4 points

You should really shut it down from the operating system.

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

This pretty much answers your question, not sure why you'd brute force a shutdown if you don't need to.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

You should be shutting it down from the OS. Otherwise, hold down the power button on the case if there's something wrong with the OS.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Use the OS first, and the power button if you really want to. Dont use the psu.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Shut down from operating for normal usage. If game froze or something, hold the power button on case. If you are opening your PC to take a look inside or something like that, turn it off via Windows, then turn off the PSU and unplug.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

turn it off via Windows

Are you assuming my computer's OS?

Just kidding =P

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Oops :D TY

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. Shut off from the OS

2. If your OS is frozen for some reason, hold the power button.

3. In the weird case neither have worked, force the computer to shut down by flipping off the PSU. Only do this if necessary.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Only use the power switch on the PSU after you've shut down the computer through the operating system. It's really only necessary if you want to plug it into/unplug it from the wall socket.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube