add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Budget build needing cheapest option for Windows 10!

Tankus910
  • 39 months ago

Hey,

I'm building a new budget build and hate that windows will cost me nearly 1/4 the build cost again if I get the retail 64 bit USB..

EDIT - I understand I can not activate windows 10 and that's what will cost me. This does give me the option to delay activation but I don't really want to have to do that.

I have a old laptop with win 10 on it? Is there a possible way to transfer the licence without the official licence key as this was a free upgrade from Windows 7?

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 2 points

Sale of software and keys from that site often violates the ToS or are resold licenses purchased via fraudulent credit card. Recommending, suggesting, advising, encouraging, hinting, or in any way implying these keys as a solution or option is not allowed on this site.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

you can get win 10 and just not activate it. legal, free, and all that you miss out on is changing your lock screen (+some other personal options).

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

There is no "cheapest" way. The price for Windows 10 starts from around $85 in the USA as shown by PCPP.

Prices may fluctuate a bit (e.g. 10% off due to some sale), but anything that's suspiciously cheap is a pirated version, key resale, or other illegal copy of Windows. Do not buy them as they might not even work and buying them supports criminals.

One you can do if you're short on money is to install Windows 10, but do not activate it. Buy the product key after a month or so (when you saved up enough for it) and activate Windows 10 then to make it fully functional.

Source

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I had no idea about THAT site. Thought it was a little too good to be true. What do independent system builders do to get windows then? OEM versions still costing £70+. Thought there may be a cheaper way. Since win10 free upgrades stopped I heard that win 7/8 licences keys still activated a win10 licence?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Updated original post - to more accurately reflect my query.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube