add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
MARDUK
  • 76 months ago

Im building my first PC soon,Im in the process of reaserching reviews on parts and waiting for sales and just slowly buying each item. Anyways Im not totally sure what size/watt PSU I should go with. I dont want to buy one thats too small but then again I dont want to waste money on one that is way overkill when I could have put that money in to upgrading another component in my system. My PC will be an everyday rig for internet browsing like email,some torrents,streaming movies,youtube,and I also will be using it for a HTPC that will hold a bunch of movies/music so I will have a boot drive which will be an SSD and a storage drive that will be a regular HDD/mechanical drive. And I might want to add another HDD or maybe another SSD in the future if I need it for more storage. I will only have one internal bluray/dvd/cd reader/writer but I already have an external dvd/cd reader/writer if that matters. My board is going to be a mITX and Im going with an AMD CPU with integrated graphics most likely the A6-6400k I think that processor will be plenty for me as I do not game at all so the dual core should be fine for me. I will not be using a discrete video card I will just be using the graphics in the CPU,although in the future if I can get a good price on a video card that will allow me to combine it with the CPU graphics for AMDs dual graphics I may buy one but that wont be for a while probably. If there are any specs or components I need to list let me know and I will post them. I would like a moduar PSU and I was thinking the Corsair CX500M or if I can get away with the CX430M that would be cheaper. Im not set on the Corsair but I really just need suggestions on what size/wattage PSU I should go with and then I can go from there. But any reccomendations on brands would be helpful too. Thanks.

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker gives you a wattage estimate for your system build. A general rule is to add about 100 to that.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

You can use the following, calculator

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube