add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Any ideas on a cheap CPU cooler but efficient.

sully421

83 months ago

I was thinking around the $40 range.

Comments

• 82 months ago
  • 2 points

Xigmatek GAIA is the best for the money at the moment. Preforms similarly to the overpraised 212EVO with less noise and goes on sale often. If either are at ~30 bucks then just get the Respire T40 from NZXT or a Xigmatek Dark Knight II if it's on sale.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

The cooler master hyper 212 easily wins this

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

Have one sitting on my upstairs landing now.

Do be aware, though, that it is a MASSIVE cooler. That's not a bad thing, but it can be too large for some cases, so do some research first. Heh.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah, if the 212 is too big, look at the cooler master TX3

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Funny you mention the size. I went with the EVO due to your recommendation -- after checking that it would fit.

It's big but not the biggest air cooler one can get. But yeah -- fitting it can be a pain.

It needs to fit in the case and around other components such as RAM...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube