add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GTX 750 Ti Power Requirements?

HappyHambo

35 months ago

I've been looking at this GPU for my new system - http://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N75TOC-2GI#sp I added it to my partlist and apparently it will take 229W but my PSU is only 275W (Unbranded so probably less) Also Gigabyte suggests that a 400W psu is required.

My question is will I'I be safe getting the 750Ti or should I downgrade to something that takes less watts.

Resolved: For anyone wondering I just got the 750ti for £70 and it works a treat! So far I have had no issues whatsoever :)

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have a pre-build system you are trying to upgrade? If so what is it.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not sure, I'm guessing its a prebuilt but the case is unbranded and the PSU is from Dell. I got it from my dads friend a while ago and all I know is that it has a i7 3770, a HD 7470 and a 275W dell psu.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm going to say (tentatively) that you will be all right with the 750 Ti. Dell power supplies are not great, but they are also not absolute dogs. It is likely to be able to put out it's rated power.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

You might need a new PSU. The 750ti you have there is the same one i owned before. Uses the PCI express and a 6pin connection. Wont work otherwise. Some have gotten away with a 300w PSU but needs to be decent. I would invest in a better PSU as downgrading the GPU is not ideal since your going to lose a lot of performance. The 750ti is a very good card for entry level 1080p.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube