add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will PSU be enought?

Tom91
  • 36 months ago

Greetings to all,

I assembled a list of components that will go into my new PC build. This is my first build EVER so I might have lots of questions. Anyhow, here's the list: Asus Strix Z270E Intel core i7 6700K 16GB Kingston DDR4 3000Mhz Kingston 240GB M.2 SSD WD 1TB HDD Asus Strix GTX 1070 (OC version) Optical Drive (DVD reader)

Originally I thought on buying a CoolerMaster V850 modular PSU but then I reviewed some YouTube tutorials and builds and the majority used a 750W PSU.

Will a 750W power supply be enough for this build and do you recommend getting a modular CoolerMaster or a Corsair PSU? My case is a Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition.

Thanks!

Comments

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the tip!

So I can't go wrong with a 750W PSU? As for the brands, CoolerMaster and Corsair are more present and popular here where I live. BitFenix and EVGA are not that common hence they are more expensive. I think I will go with a Corsair RM750x.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

RM750x is also a great psu. then you will have more then enough wattage to run anything you want ;)

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

a good quality 750w psu is ideal. Its big enough that your likely never going to need to upgrade it, but not so big that its a senseless waste of cash. go for it. you cant go wrong with 750w.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube