• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Tquel 4 months ago

What do you think it a good screen for the 1080 ti's? (probably going to buy the strix 1080 oc) 4K is not needed. (Windows scaling, having to turn settings down to fast/ upgrade)

I mainly play slower games like witcher 3. Skyrim, Fallout. Screen also needs to handle movies at night, of course also the darker scenes.

Was thinking to buy https://pcpartpicker.com/product/BpgPxr/dell-monitor-u2715h

Comments Sorted by:

Axeyy 2 Builds 3 points 4 months ago

Should be sweet. Stay with an IPS screen at night for better colors and viewing angles. It will save your eyes. The 1080 is fine for 1440p 60hz. Im up all night on PC as well and coming from a TN to IPS theres no turning back.

FrankV01 2 Builds 1 point 4 months ago

I have the following and am quite happy with it. It's 75 Hz and costs less than the one you posted. BUT, I'm not very knowledgeable about monitors and I'm sure it has shortcomings that I don't know (or care) about:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/7TrcCJ/asus-pb277q-270-75hz-monitor-pb277q

MannyPCs 2 points 4 months ago

Screen also needs to handle movies at night, of course also the darker scenes.

He might benefit from the IPS monitor then, the one you listed is a TN panel, but nonetheless I'm sure yours is good too

FrankV01 2 Builds 1 point 4 months ago

I watch movies on my TN panel at night. Like I said, I don't know much about monitor so I'm not sure on the implication there (and I don't care) but for $200 savings, seemed worth mentioning it. I also have a specific use case. (Desk, in the same chair. One person using it)

MannyPCs 1 point 4 months ago

It is just ssome people want the good colour reproduction like IPS and might get disappointed with TN, and you can get a fairly cheap IPS 1440p screen too

Tquel submitter 1 point 4 months ago

I lean towards ips screens because of the better black scenes.

Then get Ips, I recommend it for movies

Evil_Paroxysm 3 Builds 1 point 4 months ago

1080Ti is kind of overkill for 1440p 60hz, a 1080 is borderline overkill even.

For me, 4k is just a bit to close on highest settings. I know 1440p is overkill on 60hz. So you know a good screen that is ips, above 60 hz, 27 inch and not around 700-800 euro?

But i do tend towards overkill. I want the pc to last a very long time without turning the settings down to fast.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/c298TW/asus-monitor-mg279q

cheapest ips 144hz 1440p monitor, and will go great with a 1080/1080 ti

Thank you Manny, I will certainly take a look at that screen en watch some reviews!

No problem M8 :)

Manny, do you have that particular screen? The reviews online about asus quality inspection on this screen doesn't give me to much confidence :( To many reviews about people sending 2-3 screens back before they get a screen without dead pixels and/ or extreme backlight bleed.