add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ASTRO A40 TR Compatibality???

KegiMasters

29 months ago

I wanted to know if this headset was compatible with this laptop; Prostar Clevo Gaming Laptop N855HJ 15.6” Full HD (1920x1080). I have been sorting through many headsets and this one seems to appeal to me the most and I would ideally be using it for gaming and maybe listening for music on the side. And if there are any Headsets that you would recommend please show them to me :)

I would be much obliged for your help :) And another question, is the Compatability limited to specific devices or not?

Comments

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Compatibility is universal.

Astros aren't the best value though, you would be much better off with good headphones (Sennheiser HD 558/598 for <$150) and a mic. Or if you prefer the convenience of a headset I'd look into the HyperX Cloud ($70) or a Sennheiser Game One ($180).

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

How good is the Senheiser Game One and the HyperX Cloud

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

The HyperX Cloud is the only "gaming" brand headset worth looking at for under $100, the other brands skimp in sound and/or build quality and rely primarily on marketing to sell their product.

The Game One is a bit overpriced since you're essentially paying for a Sennheiser HD 558 ($80) with an integrated mic, but they're are among the top for sound quality and comfort in that price range.

Compared to the Cloud they will have a more balanced and detailed sound. However the bass won't be as deep or punch as hard (which is a complaint I see often from the average gamer).

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Sooo. What about the HyperX Cloud Revolver S 7.1

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

From reviews they seem to have the same sound quality as the cloud but with better build. The 7.1 software isn't that great either. Leave that for high end sounscards.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't pay the $170+ for G4me Ones, I found mine on sale for $120 and I think they are a steal at that price.

I love them.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube