add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

help with parrot linux

TheBlackPython
  • 38 months ago

I am experimenting with different Linux distros using VirtualBox as my VM software (I don't have plans to switch to Linux completely just because of how widely accepted Windows 10 is among all the programs I use). I came across a distro called Parrot Linux that seems to be all about security and stuff like that. I have been having some problems with security lately and my malware/adware blocker free trial is soon going to run out. So I was wondering if I can use Parrot Linux to protect my system even though it is in a VM.

this is my computer - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/hKPscf thanks

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Well parrots are not your typical predatory bird so they might not fare well against attacks and they are not stealthy creatures so stuff can easily avoid them, I would suggest Eagle or Hawk Linux since it will be more aggressive and better suited at defending you although if there is nothing for it to attack and eat you will need to give it something to attack and eat.

If you have a security flaw(Windows 10) then adding more security but not fixing that flaw will not do a thing. You need to address the root of the problem, putting a band aid over it won't fix it. I would figure out what is causing your security problems.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Seems legit

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube