add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair 540 air vs. CM HAF XB

Ohsheetzombies

72 months ago

Hey guys, I'm interested in using a cube-like case for my build. These two cases appeal to me the most but I am having trouble deciding between them objectively. They are both noted for using a two compartment design, though the XB is less expensive and has been around for a while longer. Any opinions/experience with these cases is very appreciated thanks!

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally I prefer the 540 air over the HAF XB for looks, I'm not sure how you feel though.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

So in your opinion their price/features are the same and it's just a matter of taste?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Well from everything I've seen people claim airflow in the 540 is superior to practically everything. Also people claim that the 540 is extremely well built and is very good quality.

the air 540 has more rad/fan space and the window is amazing!

I'm not sure about all of the HAF XB features, I've never been on for horizontal mobos

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Air 540 :)

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

well the hafxb is smaller and you can move it around

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought the HAF XB was nearly the same dimensions as the 540, I may be wrong though.

I have heard of people saying things about how wide it is which seems like it would make it harder to move. idk though as I don't own nor have I seen either one in person, I'm just going off of what I've seen on the interwebs and we all know how that can be!

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah it was the case I was going to go with before the 540 came out. I've read some complaints about the 540 build quality, and overall I just don't know if it's worth the extra $50 compared to the XB.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

i would get the xb in my opinion

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube