add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Do I need to buy another $100 disc???

Policeofficer15
  • 38 months ago

I'm building my little brother a small mini tower pc and I was wondering how am I going to do this... (built him a $400 mini tower pc meant for minecraft and overwatch) I don't wanna use up the money for the monitor and blah blah blah. So my question is, since I already have the disc for Windows 8, can I share my 64 bit disc with him? If so, is there another way to use it bc his tower doesn't have an optical drive :3

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

You don't pay for the disc, you can download the .iso for free and you can reuse it as many times as you want. What you are paying for is the key which can only be used on a single PC.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Just get the USB installer of the Windows ISO off of Microsoft's site.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

... Windows 8, can I share my 64 bit disc with him?

No.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd have to sort of disagree with you here but.....

He can share the disk, just not the product key.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

True but he stated new build for his brother, so it is safe to say that there is no product key. :)

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube