add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Question about +12V Rails

andrewrg
  • 75 months ago

I'll cut to the chase, here. Will this PSU work with this 1 GPU? PSU: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ss760xp2 GPU: http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=02G-P4-3063-KR

The card says: "Minimum of a 450 Watt power supply. (Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 24 Amps.)"

The PSU is 760W and has outputs of: "+3.3V@25A, +5V@25A, +12V@63A, -12V@0.5A. +5Vsb@3A"

I am not sure I fully understand how all this works. Specifically, since the GPU needs a +12V at 24 Amps, is it OK that the PSU +12V rail has significantly more Amps (63)? I'm sure this has been explained a million times here, but a detailed explanation and/or link to one would be much appreciated as well. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point
  • Yes. That Seasonic will have no problems with just about any current video card and that EVGA will be barely noticeable to that Seasonic. Unless the Seasonic was damaged some way during shipping, poor handling, UPS decided to play soccer with it...
  • The listed amps is what the power supply is capable of at around 50°C, not what it will dump into your computer system all at once.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube