add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PSUs will kill me

Dezarc
  • 35 months ago

So I've got a Zeb M450w PSU but was advised to get a new one because it's super low quality. What's the best I can get without it being too expensive? I'm already past my budget, so I can't really afford a lot.

Also, I'm only using a Ryzen 5 1400 and 1050 ti. Is it still a risk to use my existing PSU?

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

You should probably stipulate that you're in India. Most users here are in the US or UK.

I can't find any professional reviews of the Zeb M450W on English-language sites. In light of that I have to assume it's low quality as a precaution.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Done. Any opinion though?

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

It's the same situation as the earlier thread. Our first move is to look at Amazon.in, but those of us outside India see very different import fees from those in India, and we're not familiar with any other retailers in the country.

Just list the most affordable PSUs available to you with their prices and we'll tell you what we can about the ones we recognize.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Most importantly, is Antec BP350PS same as B350? Because Bp350 seems pretty good, while I can't find any reviews or even mentions of BP350PS.

https://www.mdcomputers.in/index.php?route=product/category&path=68#/sort=p.price/order=ASC/limit=15

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Seems alot of those psu's are 4-5 years old (or even older). One of the newer ones seems to be COOLER MASTER MASTERWATT LITE 500W https://www.mdcomputers.in/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=6293 . I haven't seen a review about it yet but it has the highest chance to be the best amongst the budget psu's.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

What is your budget for this psu?

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm gonna go over budget no matter what, so just the cheapest possible that won't fry my CPU.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

... cheapest possible that won't fry my CPU.

As long as damage does not occur due to power fluctuation(s), Corsair Builder 500.
Keep in mind that it is a selection to just avoid complete junk and not an endorsement.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube