add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cable Combs Pricing + Quality

tvos
  • 35 months ago

Hello Friends,

I have been kinda of going around in circles with cable combs. Trying to find a good quality cable comb with not breaking the bank.

Ordered a cable combs from Amazon and then E-Bay. Amazon was very pricey but great quality, E-bay not so much $67.00 I would expect better qty. Here is my breakdown

Main Power Connector 24 Pin QTY 12 ATX 12 VOLT 4+4 Pin(EPS) QTY 10 SATA 5 Pin Power QTY 18 (NOTE: I have two sata drives, hence 9 each) PCI-E 6+2 Pin ( 3 top 3 bottom 8 QTY) - ( 2 slot 8 QTY)

So for the avg price is around $80.00 for what I need. I am measuring about 2"-3" per comb.

Anyways, kinda of lost here - Looked at performancepc, frozenpc, cablemod, and others. Seems like I will be spending some serious money just on plastic to clean up the cables.

Suggestions and ideas are welcome'd.

Thank You,

tvos

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

First of all...I think you are going overkill on combs. What is the point of combing cables you can't see? If you are wire managing properly you really only need 2-3 24 pin/EPS/PCIE and a handful of SATAS.

Check this companies out, I like them and its a great guy who runs the business.

http://smartcomputerstore-com.3dcartstores.com/

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi Evil,

Actually, I ordered from Home Harbor off of ebay. In total, my combs came to $70.00 for what I needed to get the job done. The price was actually good compared to the other places I had researched.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Cable-Combs-for-PC-ATX-24-Pin-20-16-14-12-8-6-4-PSU-PCIe-Computer/112018572004?_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160727114228%26meid%3Daa6c75c185d44bd599fd9772f4aab72a%26pid%3D100290%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D112018572004

It might be over kill on the combs since only the front is really displayed but if I am to do this project, front/back matter to me personally. As I have took the time and placed the combs to the wires, the product is looking real nice.

Appreciate your help and Thank You,

tvos

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube