PCPartPicker

• Register

Novice Ryzen 5 Build with Radeon RX 580.

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

KarlXMarxTheSpot 24 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Jx67HN

First build. Looking for critique. Biggest debate is on case, motherboard, and cooling options. Any advice in general would be appreciated.

Comments Sorted by:

shadowcalen1 2 points 24 months ago

Not a bad build. I would go with the stock cooler, amd has done a very good job with there spire coolers. As much as I love the 850 evo, they are not price effective, if your board supports it (which I think it does) a intel 600p costs about the same and is much faster. I would also concider downgrading to a 480, a 8gb card is 15$s cheaper then your chosen card, and can be basically OCed and get the same results

SK6Blue 2 Builds 2 points 24 months ago

i'd reconsider the ram, as the ram you selected is not considered ryzen compatible .... corsair made a statement about eventually making ryzen compatible LED ram but gave no timeline.

a short list of ram confirmed to work well by either official AMD channels and/or my personal testing(stable 2933 and/or 3200) Corsair Vengeance CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Corsair Dominator CMD16GX4M2B3000C15 Geil EVO X – GEX416GB3200C16DC G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series- F4-3200C16D-16GTZR G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C16D-16GTZ

Case- i think this just comes down to personal preference and needs above all else... i'm not a fan of coolermaster's cases. but some people are...so i wont give specific suggestions unless you want to say exactly what your looking for in a case.

MOBO- no personal experience. from reviews its a solid budget board(some complaints about the network card, but nothing terrible). and i can't keep up with bios updates(complaints concerning original bios, just like EVERY am4 mobo) and i'd assume they have been/are being addressed, but i haven't looking into it for this specific board.

cooling- you selected the budget standard cooler. i will get the job done, but if you live in a perticularly hot area or plan to try your hand at overclocking(not that you can expect to get much given most people's experience) i'd recommend looking into a nice Noctua cooler or an AIO liquid cooler

hope this helps