add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

US PSU in Australia

Flobengogen
  • 76 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-ax860

hey guys im just wondering if i buy this psu in US would it work in Australia? Does it change the voltage itself or do i need to do something?

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

So through my experiences with deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan... everyone else likes to use different holes and voltages... I don't remember what the Australian set up looks like, but I believe you guys put out around 200-240 volts? Most electronically are made to support 120 volts through 240. There are some that don't yes. When it comes to computers though it should, you would just need an adapter to plug an 'Merica plug into and Aussie outlet. Pulling up the newegg page for said product, it was screaming in my face: "Universal AC input from 90~264V. No more hassle of flipping that tiny red switch to select the voltage input!" So you are good! It should also have multiple certifications to that meets all electrical safety requirements.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Now you have me reflecting. I remember in Iraq we had to use power converters, but even then electronics was still up to part on bigger devices that could accept 120-240v. Except those converters were also sketchy and could catch fire and stuff....

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

ok thanks

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube