add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Headphones vs. Headsets?

V3N0M18

31 months ago

I was wondering which of the two I should get for my build. I would mostly use them for gaming, so is there a better choice? Also, which brand do you reccomend that isn't too expensive (<$150) but I can still use it to track down footsteps and that sorts of stuff in fps (surround sound?).

Comments

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

m30x and modmic

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Why M30x? Open back is the way to go and if you need closed back then the M series still isn't great because the soundstage is really tiny.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

I use the M50x's extensively for CS GO or did for a long time and they worked very very well, game sounded clear and such. I always recommend the line as the way to go, just because of how quality they've been for me.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you ever tried open back headphones?

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I have a few friends with different models of sennheisers

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

And you didn't the huge soundstages??

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Sennheiser HD 558 and Sony ECMCS3 clip on mic, should come to around 100 USD.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Sennheiser Game Ones if you find them on sale at your price point (I got mine for $125 a few months back)

They are basically HD 558's with a good quality attached flip up muting mic. Highly recommend, killer sound stage with high quality drivers makes directional audio and foot step tracking a piece of cake.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube