add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 10 install nightmare!

trish7582
  • 38 months ago

Please help, I completed my new build and I bought Win 10 on a thumb drive from Best Buy. I got the message that there was a media file missing,and tried all different things I read to do. I copied the files from that drive onto a dvd and that got me as far as installing files up to 17%, then another error message came up - windows cannot copy files required for installation code 0x80070017. So I tried to fix this message. Why is this so difficult?

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You need to get a refund for that Windows 10 purchase unless you know the license key they sold you. If you have the license key or can get it then just download the Windows 10 media creation thing from Microsoft and make the install yourself and use your key.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I did get the product key

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Following individual resolved problem by using a different USB port: tomsHARDWARE

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! Can't wait to try it!!!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Sadly, it did not work!!

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I got so frustrated with nothing working that I happened to remember I had a copy of Windows 7 so I put it in the optical drive and bam, operating system! I will upgrade to Windows 10 from that because life is short and I've been working on this rig for a month. I must say this is definitely the last rig I am building for sure! I can't thank you enough for all the advice you have given me!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube