• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Snookum 22 months ago

What I have; I used this guide here pcpartpicker.com/guide/9c7Ycf/modest-gaming-build (the modest gaming build) and the only things I swapped were the case and I used two sticks of ram; 4gb each instead of the one shown.

Problem; My problem is that the Monitor wont start with the graphics card Inserted (It does without it) nor will the graphics cards duo fans spin for more than 15 seconds after being powered up. The card only runs when I change the initial Display Output to IGFX which doesn't solve the problem at all but this is the only scenario so far in which that the duo cooling fans on the graphics card work and the monitor shows a display.

What I have done; I have done the latest bios update for the motherboard and still no success. I have also searched to see if their is a switch I have missed on the RX 480 though I cant find one. I am certain that it is plugged into the motherboard properly and the PSU. I will soon install windows 7 and see if the video/graphics card is acknowledged after this. I am unsure what the problem is and I would love some advice even if its a shot in the dark idea.

Comments Sorted by:

DrBiff 1 Build 1 point 22 months ago

Do you have the hdmi plugged into the back of the video card or the motherboard? (It should be in the video card)

Snookum submitter 1 point 22 months ago

tried both same result

ABDomega 1 Build 1 point 22 months ago

Try booting up and installing the OS with the monitor plugged into the MB. Then install the drivers for the GPU and plug the display to that.

Snookum submitter 1 point 22 months ago

I will give that a shot tomorrow night, sounds like a good plan ill let you know how it goes

SmashingProdigy 1 point 22 months ago

Did it manage to fix it for you? I'm looking to have a similar build, but I am inexperienced with building PCs.

Remendador 1 point 21 months ago

Check your BIOS for the primary video device.