add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GPU signal dies, monitor loses signal, gpu fans ramp up and EZ debug led lights up.

BoiLogro

27 months ago

This has been happening to me for a week now and I'm starting to get very frustrated about it. When I play games even less demanding games like DOTA 2 my monitor randomly shuts off loses signal then the gpu fans ramp up. The computer is still turned on when it happens. Then the EZ debug led from MSI lights up and I have to restart my computer manually. CPU: Ryzen 1700 w/ wraith cooler GPU: Strix 1060 MOBO: X370 Gaming Pro Carbon PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 EVO 620W 80Plus Bronze Fully Modular SSD: Samsung 850 Evo HDD: WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd check the PSU. Specifically the PCIe power connection points. At the PSU and at the GPU ends. I had a very similar problem with the same symptoms a few years back. Turns out there was a short in one of the PCIe power cables. I'd loose video output and the fans would ramp to 100%.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

oh okay thanks!

• 26 months ago
  • 0 points

My PCI-E PSU Power connector only has 7 pins. Is that a problem?

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

When in doubt contact your PSU manufacturer and go over the issue with them. They will be able to hopefully provide you with the information you need as the technical specifications of your PSU may not be obtainable. I'm not saying I tried to find the specs or anything and they may very well be out there but when it comes to this sort of issue, when it would appear its a voltage problem, its best to go to the source and have them assist with PSU troubleshooting (Seasonic).

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks man

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have an extra PCI-e cable you could try that for an easy test. If it is a pin/connector issue with the cable you'd know right away.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube