add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

High-end PC Headphones for Gaming?

NotreDameGuy10

28 months ago

I have already built a high end PC (Two GTX 1080 in SLI) and have already gotten just about all accessories I need (Razer Blackwidow Chroma, Razer Mamba Wireless mouse, Xbox Elite Controller, pair of Definitive Technology Incline Speakers, Herman Miller Embody chair). The only accessory I do not have is a pair of headphones. I have been doing research and I am having a hard time finding a good pair. Ideally I would love wireless, but the wireless headphones all seem cheap. I looked at the Astro a50, Siberia 800, Razer Man'o'war etc, but none have the greatest of reviews.

I will be doing exclusively gaming with them.

Is there a pair of high-end headphones that someone can recommend? Should I just get a pair of Sennheiser HD650's? I don't mind spending a decent amount of money, but nothing in the Sennheiser HD800 price range lol.

Comments

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Sennheiser HD 558. I wouldn't spend more than that if you're just gaming. If you want the convenience of a headset there's the GAME ONE for $100 more.

HD 650 require more time and money to get a nice setup. High quality music/audio (which a lot of games don't have), and an amp and dac to add to the costs. You won't have to worry about all that with a cheaper pair.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Im using the Beyerdynamic MMX300 headset . Fantastic headset for gaming and listening to music . I think they look great also .

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I have narrowed it down between two sets:

Philips X2 Fidelio (~$240)

AKG K712 Pro (~$310)

Anyone have either of these and care to share their experience in terms of PC gaming?

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

The AKG's are very nice, I have never used X2's but have heard outstanding things also. If this helps in your decision the AKG K7xx are on Massdrop right now for $199.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube