add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will a PSU bought from USA work in India?

ganzdoodle
  • 35 months ago

Hi guys I was planning to get a 600W PSU from USA as my friend is coming back. But I have my doubts about it. The voltages and frequency are different.will it work in India? PS I was about to get a evga 600w bronze plus from Amazon.com

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes.
India's outlets usually supply electricity at 50hz frequency and 230V. The EVGA 600 b1 is rated to be used with an AC input of 100 - 240 VAC, and 50 - 60hz frequency. The same thing goes for the EVGA BQ 600w.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

It should be fine, if it has an active PFC you don't have to worry about it, but you may need to get a power cable that works for whatever outlet you use.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Like the others said, yes; however you'll have to either get a power cable with the local plug or an adapter. The correct plug is a little safer than an adapter, which usually have extra spaces wide open.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube