add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Girl's First Build :: Water Cooling in the NZXT Phantom Full Tower?

twloxa

73 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/twloxa/saved/3mZ4

This is the build I am planning, however, I would like to water cool my gpu and cpu. My budget is $200 and I would like to have colored tubing. I will use the NZXT Phantom Full Tower Case, what should I buy that would fit to water cool it?

Comments

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I'll just say that $200 is an ambitious budget for a full loop with two GPUs... a full cover block is at least $100 for a GPU, depending on the brand you're going with. The cheapest full cover water block from EKWB is this one - http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/vga-blocks/fc-geforce/geforce-titan-series/ek-fc670-gtx.html (the 670 blocks fit the 760s as well).

So with a pump, reservoir, fittings, CPU block, and tubing, your final cost will be much higher than $200. The only way you might be able to get in under $200 is if you buy the NZXT Kraken G10 and have AIO coolers on all your components. Both the brackets would be $60, leaving $140 for the three other coolers (maybe 3 Corsair H55's? - http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-cpu-cooler-h55). That's the only way I could see a full water cooled system at under $200, sorry :/

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

I can up my budget :)

Say my budget is $350. What could work then?

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

That's still a really low budget for a custom loop. A decent mid range CPU only loop will cost around that price, with maybe 100 dollars more for each component. Parts wise, you'd need tubing, fittings, water blocks, a pump, and a reservoir. Here's a nice link

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

What all exactly would I need? I've looked it up and I understand it for the most part, but what would I need for my build?

• 73 months ago
  • 2 points

CPU waterblock that's compatible with LGA1150, either barb or compression fittings, either full cover or universal waterblocks for your gpus, SLI fittings, a pump, a reservoir, radiators, tubing, and obviously a coolant. There's a ton of accessories available, but those are the essentials

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Would two 120mm radiators work? Or do I need more?

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

or would I do one 240mm in the NZXT Phantom...?

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

The indentation is getting a little crazy so here is what i am talking about. You also dont need fans on each side even though it helps but since you ll already have a 200mm fan on top..

For the top since it is exhausting. Inside case air > pushed by first fan > through radiator > Pulled by outside fan > out of case.

Side fan: Outside air > pulled in by outside fan > through radiator > and pulled into the case by inside fans.

You probably wont need to have double the fans for the bottom radiators though.

To throw you another factor, for those radiator fans look for ones with good pressure versus just high CFM, but that ll take a lot of looking around (sycthe brand is a good start). The ones with higher pressure push air over things better then just pushing air.

I just googgled: computer air flow chart with radiators. You can see some examples there. Just play around with it really. It doesnt seem to make since to pull cold air through the top at the same time as you are exhausting hot air cause you can just be pulling that same hot air back in.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah don't make your own fans fight each other. I lost track of the comment chain when I came back and saw all these indents...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube