add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please help me find the right case

EpsilonSigmaMu

71 months ago

I'm trying to find the right case, but there are so many options to go through, I figure it'll be faster to just ask.

Things I'm looking for:

Medium size, nothing crazy small but nothing bigger than average desktop size.

Nothing jagged or rugged that looks like it's made for the army or anything that looks like it was made in the early 2000's, e.g. Antec Sonata IV, Inwin Dragon Rider. I like minimalism. (Companies I've seemed to like so far are NZXT, Thermaltake and Corsair, but I'm open to any company)

Preferably a window. The bigger the better.

As portable as possible.

Under $150, $100 if possible. (If there is something that isn't under those prices, let me know anyway. May end up buying it)

Any help would be great.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Size of mobo?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm biased, but I really like the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 I used for my build. It's very easy to work with, it looks sleek and classy (I don't like "Transformers-looking" cases), it has a nice tinted window and their customer service is excellent: When I received my case from Newegg, I had a faulty USB controller (Only one of the front panel USB ports was working). Instead of RMA'ing the whole thing, I opened a ticket on Fractal Design's website, and within 10 days, I received a new USB front panel controller, without needing to send back the faulty one. Awesome service :)

Its normal price is 119.99$ on Newegg.ca http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352031 , but it regularly goes on sale (once or twice a month) for 79.99$ or less. I got mine for 59.99$, which is a steal for such a quality case.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

The Corsair C70 (White, Black and Green) springs to mind.

Nothing jagged or rugged that looks like it's made for the army

I'd probably ignore the green one actually..

• Comes with a window
  • Handles for added portability
  • Not as sleek as other Corsair cases, but still pretty minimal
  • Mid-tower size
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

By "made for the army" i meant more towards the jagged side like it looks like the desktop version of a Toughbook. The green is quite nice actually. Gives it a "Master Chief" feel. May consider it.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

For minimalism and a sleek look a few cases pop into mind.

The Fractile Design Define R4 is an excellent case from what I've heard. It looks very sleek.

The Corsair 300r is also quite a nice case. Although the side panel window fan mount holes kinda' turn me off, but that's just personal preference I suppose.

And last, but not least on my list (for now) the NZXT Source 530 Is very good from what people have said and it has a nice window as well.

EDIT: If you want more suggestion I'd be happy to help.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Having an R4 the only thing I can say is it's very very wide and built like a tank. Not something one should lug around if OP wants to take it to LAN parties or is moving in and out of a dorm very often.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, I didn't even see the part about portable...oops.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube