add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which PSU - Antec TP-550C or Corsair TX550M?

thomasst
  • 35 months ago

Hello, I'm looking for a gold-rated power supply unit for a new build. My suppliers offer two at a good price, which are, as stated in the title:

Antec TruePower Classic TP-550C http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=706677&fid=5022117&lan=nz

and

Corsair TX-M Series TX-550M http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/tx-m-series-tx550m-550-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-psu-eu

Which of them is the better choice, and why?

Thank you!

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe I'm just stupid and missing something but I'm not seeing anything that would make it better "for sure" based on what we know?

http://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/corsair-tx-750m-power-supply-review-80-plus-gold/

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait I forgot he was referring to the new one, I'm just the stupid one.

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

None of these links are reviews though, they are only unboxings. They don't test electrical performance at all.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

They don't test electrical performance at all.

I'm not sure I understand. They do test cursory performance such as voltage regulation, but not as in depth to rely purely on the review.

They are still helpful supplements when judging build quality over a range of subjects.

Also, if I may ask, why is Great Wall not listed as an OEM on your site?

• 35 months ago
  • 3 points

All of them test voltages using a simple multimeter, and their load is a normal PC - such measurement is wrong and you can dismiss it, since it doesn't tell you anything. For just voltage regulation, a proper measurement requires a simulated load with many test points over the full range and at least a true RMS multimeter.

So, the only useful thing in the articles is cable information and sometimes the internal photos.

Great Wall wasn't making a lot of popular PSUs until a while ago (just about OCZ, LC-Power and Corsair CS back before TX happened) and it is also hard to come by the particular names of the platforms they use, so they didn't have their own entry on there.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube