add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fans For CM storm trooper stryker

Drakustitus

71 months ago

Hello mates. I bought Storm trooper stryker and i cannot decide which fans to install inside. I bought Corsair H100i for CPU and two Corsair quiet 120mm fans to replace that on the radiator of h100i. I want to install 3 fans in front of caseA(I will not use Optical drive,Will have external), 2 at bottom and 1 at rear. I want best of quiet and much or less good performance fans 120mm 6 pieces. Can u recommend some?

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

You could always stick with corsair fans and get the AF series

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I have an uber-detailed writeup in the build description for my Storm Stryker, which you can take a look at here. Here is an excerpt from it about fans:

"

Type Item Price
Case Fan Corsair Air Series SP120 PWM High Performance Edition (2-Pack) 120mm Fans $32.99
Case Fan Corsair Air Series AF120 Performance Edition (2-Pack) 120mm Fans $27.99
Case Fan Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Fan $21.94
Case Fan Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Fan $21.94
Case Fan Noctua NF-S12A FLX 120mm Fan $22.24

I had a simple mentality when it came to fans. Put Corsair fans where they can be seen, put Noctua fans where they're hidden. A balance between performance and aesthetics.

I have 2 airflow-optimized NF-S12A FLX on the top and middle bays of the front of the case, intaking air into the main side, with a single static-pressure optimized NF-F12 on the lower third of the front of the case, meant to shoot a focused column of air to feed the GPU fans. That flow combines with the airflow optimized NF-S12A FLX and AF120 PE on the bottom of the case and results in a strong, diagonally vectored stream of fresh air to the GPU.

The rear fan is an AF120 PE. For the radiator I mounted 2 SP120 PWM PE's on the inside of the case and one NF-F12 on the top of the case. The one bad thing about the Stryker chassis is the carrying handle has a metal brace that prevents the installation of a 4th fan. So I'm running push|half-pull..."

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Wow, nice choices. I was thinking about the same, 3 coolers in front(not much use of optical drive) and yes, maybe i will stick with your recommendations. Thanks!

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Total number of fans that can be mounted in the Stryker:

"The case will fit at most 9 fans without any case modding and including a 240mm radiator. If you mod or remove the top handle brace it will fit 10 fans.

• Front: 3x120mm
  • Rear: 1x120mm or 1x140mm
  • Bottom: 2x120mm
  • Top (Case Fans Only): 2x120mm or 2x140mm or 1x200mm

OR

• Top (Radiator Fans): 2x120mm or 2x140mm or 3x120mm or 3x140mm

OR

• Top (Radiator Fans w/Handle Mod): [Same as directly above] or 4x120mm or 4x140mm"
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

"To mount the 3rd front fan I bought a Trooper HDD cage here from Cooler Master's web shop.

To mount it I just slid it into the 3x5.25" bay. It fits like a glove. Then I took 1 of the 4 screws holding in my other 2 HDD cages and screwed the 3rd cage in through the hole in the case meant for 5.25" device mounting.

Fun fact: buying the Trooper HDD cage gets you the cage AND a 120mm fan."

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube