add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Do you agree with Microsoft's decision to not make Windows 11?

minervyx
  • 36 months ago

Their logic is that they'd prefer to go the Apple route and update their OS incrementally every few months rather than release it in big large chunks. This allows for a more organic process and less scare in users reacting to large changes (Vista, 8).

However, I will miss totally miss having a brand new experience and a big leap every few years.

Comments

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

I prefer having one being updated and being able to switch to older versions if I choose. It saves me having to wipe my SSD every time Microsoft brings out a new OS.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

A lot of what we do, we do on some else's computer (cloud). The focus will be on apps and browser function and of course spying on you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube