add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How can Microsoft improve on their Windows OS?

minervyx
  • 36 months ago

Here are my thoughts:

1) Take an active role in quality control. Everytime someone buys a faulty computer from a cheap manufacturer, Windows get a bad reputation from it. I like that they have an app store and their own Surface line of Laptops/Desktops/Tablets now. They can go the next step by only licensing out Windows to reliable manufacturers and setting quality standards.

2) Make the task bar about 30% smaller in verticality. It takes up space.

3) Survey people for the most common errors and frustrations they get in Windows (i.e. sound driver problems) and then integrate an intuitive method in the interface to immediately reverse those problems.

4) To prevent adware and viruses, whenever something is installed, a popup menu should occur "Did you authorize this installation?" (If not "Would you like to remove this program?") This setting could always be turned off, but it would help.

5) Improve Cortana to where she is as smart as Alexa and Google's assistant.

6) Streamline and simplify the task bar menu. It's wayyy too big, bulky and messy.

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube