add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
aterza
  • 36 months ago

I am going to be building my new computer tomorrow and will need to deactivate win10 on my other pc to put on new pc. I assume I can just delete win10 and install HDD in new computer and still have access to all the files on it? Win10 will be going on an SSD in new computer.

Also, what can I put on old PC so that my girls can still use it to play their games and use internet? Thanks.

Comments

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

If it's going to a new motherboard, you should call Microsoft to have it released from your old motherboard. They have an automated system that's pretty quick and easy. As long as it's a retail version and not an OEM version, it should work just fine.

Also, if I were you, I wouldn't just "delete" Windows and keep all your old files. The best thing to do would be to back up the important files, wipe the whole drive clean, then put the important files back on. Just remember that any programs should not be kept - reinstall those with the new hardware.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube