add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How much do PC builders make per build?

BoiLogro

26 months ago

I'm curious because someone introduced me to a client that wants to build a pc. This pc build will be my 1st custom pc build for a client and I was wondering how builders get paid? Is it like 10% of the cost of the pc build? Need help lol

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends who you asks and which company.

NCIX has a $50 checkout to assemble the stuff with a few parts left aside like AIO. CyberPower charges a lot and larger manufacturers like Dell keeps their own costs down by using OEM and often cheap parts like the PSU and motherboard by buying in a large bulk amount.

I guess a fair cost for your services will vary based on the quality of your builds and how good your skills are like for water cooling loops.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

10% would be a bit of nothing on a budget build,you might get $40.00-45.00 bucks. If your doing a budget build just consider what you think your time is worth. You could probably build it and install Win 10 and check systems in about two hours. Larger gaming builds with liquid cooling,vid cards etc,much longer.

It's going to depend on what your building and how complicated. Don't sell yourself short on the labor or others that client would know would want the same price. Do them a good job and they'll pay your rate.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

I've 3000$ for the budget and the client doesn't want a full watercooling loop. I'm probably gonna copy PTjutsus's build https://pcpartpicker.com/b/t3tgXL but I'm not entirely sure if I'll be going with a 1080 SLI or a single 1080 Ti.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Client said to make her a custom pc build that's all she isn't really into pc's but she is a gamer. Plus prices in the Philippines are absurd.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

How much would 3000$ without a full custom watercooling loop charge? My client doesn't want a full custom watercooling loop

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

oh damn nice thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube