add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 10 help, im a noob

dxy5
  • 36 months ago

SO i have my parts list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FrMgyf however once i order it all and i figure how to put it all together( I have no idea how to do , hopping its like a puzzle) then i turn it on. what comes on? does it come up with a screen asking for a windows 10 key? or do I have to like somehow put windows on it before it starts? and i remember hearing a while ago that you can gets windows 10 keys cheap. Where and how? Ive already got my build way over budget, wanting a cheap key or something lol

Comments

• 36 months ago
  • 0 points

read the forum

cheap keys is stealing

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Then where is the cheapest key that isn't stealing

• 36 months ago
  • 2 points

On sale from a reputable retailer such as the ones listed on this site. You can also use Win10 for free if you need time to save some cash, you can download the installer to a usb drive directly from Microsoft's website.

If you do not activate Windows, the only differences are the following:

1. Watermark on the lower right-hand corner saying Activate Windows
  2. You cannot use anything under Personalization e.g. change wallpaper, accent colors, lock screen, themes, etc. All options are there, they are just grayed out and inaccessible You still get all updates and patches, and there is no time limit on how long you can use it for free. If you use Microsoft Edge or go through file explorer and right click on an image, you can still set it as a desktop background even without activating Windows.

For installing Windows, Paul did a good video here going over the first five things he does with a new build, installing the OS is one of them.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 36 months ago
  • 1 point

The sale of those keys violate Microsoft ToS, and the keys may be unexpectedly disabled. Recommending, suggesting, advising, encouraging, hinting, or in any way implying these keys as a solution or option is not allowed on this site.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

please forgive me master

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube