add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Power Supply for 6 x GTX 1080 Ti

HardwareNoob
  • 34 months ago

Anyone know a PSU for this?

Very little wattage on other components.

Highest PSU I could find was a 1600W

Comments

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Why are you even using 6 1080ti in one build? Or is that a typo?

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Mining presumably.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.coinminingrigs.com/how-to-build-a-6-gpu-mining-rig/ Not sure if this will help but give it a read.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 34 months ago
  • 1 point

580 is slightly better than a 1080 in some but the 1080 ti is king although you could get 2 580's for the price of a 1080 ti

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

A single 1080ti can peak up to 315 watts (for the card alone) under a high gaming load, as seen here.

315 • 6 = 1,890w from the GPUs alone.
1,890 + 70w which is probably over estimating the consumption of the rest of the parts = 1,960w for total system power consumption.

I suggest a high quality 2000w+ wattage power supply, which only one is listed on PcPP: Super Flower SF-2000F14HP.

What region are you to be purchasing parts from?

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

A single 1080ti can peak up to 315 watts (for the card alone) under a high gaming load, as seen here.

Can't view the link but are you sure that is not from the wall and is not total system power usage?

I suggest a high quality 2000w+ wattage power supply, which only one is listed on PcPP: Super Flower SF-2000F14HP.

I would just use two 1300W PSU's. Cheaper due not needing to import it and the base price, and would provide more wattage. Although you will definitely want to check if your house can handle drawing like 2200W from the wall.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Can't view the link but are you sure that is not from the wall and is not total system power usage?

Yeah:

How do we do it? Simple in theory but surprisingly difficult in practice, we are intercepting the power being sent through the PCI Express bus as well as the ATX power connectors before they go to the graphics card and are directly measuring power draw with a 10 kHz DAQ (data acquisition) device. A huge thanks goes to Allyn for getting the setup up and running. We built a PCI Express bridge that is tapped to measure both 12V and 3.3V power and built some Corsair power cables that measure the 12V coming through those as well.

The GPU OCed in Metro Last Light 4K total power from 8 pin, 6 pin and MB 12v averaged at 290w.

I would just use two 1300W PSU's. Cheaper due not needing to import it and the base price, and would provide more wattage. Although you will definitely want to check if your house can handle drawing like 2200W from the wall.

That's probably a better idea. I just wasn't sure that was possible.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

That's probably a better idea. I just wasn't sure that was possible.

Its possible, you just need a case that supports two PSU's although if you are wanting 6 GPU's you won't be using a normal case so that shouldn't be a problem and either to get a device to turn the second PSU one when the first one turns on or do it by hand.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Is there any safe and easy way to use 2 power supplies?

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup! Check it out: http://www.add2psu.com/ The headline even answers your question almost exactly.

Connect two or more power supplies easily and safely!

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

gddr5x is bad for bitcoin even my r9 290 is outdoing my gtx 1080 also a gtx 1070 can outpace a 1080 because of the 5x dont know about 1080 tis though

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

also im pretty sure antmain has a 2200watt psu for $250 but im not sure if it would work for a pc but i know it works with antminers for bitcoin

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube