add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comparing an old part-based system to a somewhat new system.

JoshGer

24 months ago

I am looking for anyone who can compare an old AMD FX build to a Ryzen build. Ryzen list: pcpartpicker.com/user/JoshGer/saved/fnGMpg AMD FX: pcpartpicker.com/user/JoshGer/saved/ZdGQ7P Please tell me, in what ways is the newer PC better? Please tell me how I could possible lower costs on the older build if you think it's a good alternative for the Ryzen build. I would be using Linux for the first time on the Ryzen build, because I don't have the budget for Windows on that PC. However, especially if you can lower prices on the older PC, I will buy windows for it.

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

The ryzen build is a lot more powerful as is, but try squeezing the r5 1600 in there.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't need as much of a powerful CPU as I thought. Is the FX8320 still good enough for future games? I also would like to buy windows.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Go with the ryzen build and download windows for free into a pen drive, and when you get the money to activate, just do it.

https://www.microsoft.com/pt-pt/software-download/windows10 - site to download windows for free from microsoft, legit

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, wow, I had no clue you could do this! Thank you so much!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube