add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Shodow
  • 33 months ago

I'm currently in the process of upgrading my rig. And I decided to upgrade my local branded PSU to something better. I would be upgrading to a 1070 in the end of the year.

I decided on 3PSUs, Corsair RM650x Seasonic M12II-620 EVO

and just maybe the Seasonix X-650 (if I still have the funds for it)

So between the corsair and the m12ii, what would you recommend for a 1070?

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 3 points

Corsair is the best one of those 3.

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

What's your current parts list?

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Currently have an i7 4770, paired with an itx board, with a GTX 1070 coming on its way, 2 SSDs and 2 HDDs.

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

As others have said, the Corsair is probably the best option. Are EVGA units available where you are? You could grab a 550W G2/G3 and be solid, and they're on the same level and cheaper than the RMx (if you're in the states).

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

There are some EVGA I think it was the G2 that I spotted out. And it is almost at the same price as the Corsair RMx. If so, I might just get that one. Thank you!

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

If you have the budget, the RMX is higher quality than the M12II, but if you want to save some money the M12II is still a great power supply with no major flaws.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd stay with the Corsair one, maybe a 650 or 750w would be nice. Thank you!

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 33 months ago
  • 1 point

The 1070 was a gift from my relatives abroad, I did hear about the Vega, but hella tax are so high where I live. I should stay with the 1070. But thanks for the comment, I'd still be looking forward for the Vega.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube