add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Zalman ZM700-TX

yveshe
  • 33 months ago

Is the PSU good? I already have my build in my hands, as we speak except for the GPU which will arrive in the next few days, and the CPU cooler.

Now, whether the PSU is good or not, there's still this compatibility check in my build that I don't understand.

Please help. Thanks!

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Upon further review, it's not a bomb but it sure isn't good either.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Giving that I've been offered to take this PSU from a the local shop - the workers being friends and trustworthy of my parents, I don't see why would I be offered a bad PSU... so, I hope it's worth it and capable.

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

I wouldn't say it's bad, but its not high quality either is what I'm saying.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Kinda feels like I'm not getting what I've paid for...

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, what about the compatibility check: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BvgmZ8 ?

Does it mean I'll have to get a different CPU cooler, get a stock cooler instead (which would be very bad), or it's not a problem? And yet, I'm asking myself why would there be a problem between the PSU and the CPU cooler if the the whole cooler is installed throughout the CPU circuitry and not connected with whatever PSU cables?

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

The PSU isn't involved in that message. What its saying is that PCPP doesn't know the maximum heigh that that case can support for the CPU cooler. However, i figured out that the max is 160mm ad the H7 is 145mm tall so its not a problem.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for correcting me! I thought it was the PSU the whole time. And I remembered that the CRYORIG H7 is a smaller cooler compared to the Cooler Master 212-EVO or related tall coolers and such.

Appreciate all the help! Now I feel relived ;)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube