add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair Daisy Chain Cables

wildmini
  • 33 months ago

Quick question regarding Corsair 750RMi:

I've basically used up all of the modular slots on the PSU for all of the gear/peripherals in my build (the ones now taking up the room are the case, an LED strip, another LED component which is a case accessory etc.).

My question is, is there any issues with plugging multiple Molex or SATA power cables into the one daisy chain cable coming out of the PSU? For example, can i run my LED Strip, my LED case accessory and the power to my NZXT USB hub all off the same cable? My PSU should have more than enough power to power everything - estimated power 600W max (GPU high load), 750W PSU.

Thanks...

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, a single molex or sata chain will not have issues with a bunch of LED case accessories and USB hub off one strip, that partly the reason why they will add in a bunch of them in a daisy chain version as most typical end user accessories can be powered off a single chain.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube