add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GTX 1060 With 1440p Freesync monitor

BoiLogro

24 months ago

I just saw a monitor that's 1440p 144hz Freesync Monitor (MG278Q) which retails for about $500. I was wondering if adaptive sync really gives a smoother experience cause I've never experienced screen tearing. I went looking for a similar 1440p monitor with Gsync but it costs $200 more. The only Gsync Monitor I saw that was the same price of the Freesync monitor was 1080p 144hz (PG248Q)

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

I absolutely think a 1440p G-Sync monitor is worth it, but possibly not if paired with a 1060. You really need at least a 1070 to get your money's worth and take advantage of those extra frames. I recommend keeping an eye on the Dell S2716DG. It's an amazing monitor and it sometimes goes on sale for a reasonable price.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I've never really experienced screen tearing and I might upgrade to a vega gpu in the next few years anyways.

• 24 months ago
  • 3 points

Definitely a good buy then. I think it's always better to future proof your monitor and upgrade your card later than the other way around. Even without adaptive sync, most 1440p 144hz monitors look incredible. That said, definitely try to pair it with an appropriate card eventually because I think you'll really appreciate freesync or gsync. Once you get accustomed to it it's hard to go back.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay man thanks for the advice. Cheers.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

You can't use Freesync with nvidia, you need an amd gpu to use it. Same with g-sync, you need nvidia for g-sync. G-Sync is a lot more expensive and will always be.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I know but is Gsync worth it?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

No

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube