add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cpu cooler compatible with MSI z87 g45 gaming with high profile memory

segacanuck

73 months ago

Hi there anyone have experience mounting a decent cpu cooler with this motherboard (MSI z87 g45 gaming) and tall memory? I have all 4 dimms populated with Ripjaws X series and I'm trying to find a good cooler that wont block the closest slot. From what I have been able to gather the 212 evo wont work and I kind of wanted to stay air cooling as opposed to water. Any ideas? Cooling a 4670k and I'd like to try some mild overclocking. thanks in advance.

Comments

• 73 months ago
  • 2 points

Noctua NH-U12S should fit memory with tall heatspreaders.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks I had no idea any Noctua cooler would work, after checking this one out it looks like it will fit fine.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome. That particular model avoids clearance issue entirely, by not covering the memory expansion slots at all.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe this one. It looks kinda of small

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/zalman-cpu-cooler-cnps5xperforma

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Most decent air coolers will partially block the first slot, unless you move the fan a few mm up, or get low profile RAM. I'm pretty sure you can move the fan on the hyper 212 evo

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

While you would prefer air, the easiest way is definitely going to be a CLC for this type of build.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube