add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will a GTX 1060 do me for 1080p gaming?

badgermilk88

24 months ago

Hey guys with the outrageous prices for 1070s. Will I be ok with a GTX 1060 6gb card for 1080p gaming. Will I get a steady 60fps on most games out today on high or ultra settings. I have a i7 6700k cpu 16gb ram and 650w gold power supply with a 500gb ssd. Just built it and left gpu for last and then bam sky rocket from hell. Thanks

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

1060 is the sweet spot for 1080p 144hz gaming (overwatch,csgo, other fps games) Though some games like Witcher 3 at ultra with hairworks on i think gives about 60 fps.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah i went ahead and got the 1060 gb ftw card will be here tuesday. Going to use it till prices go back to normal. Then gonna get the 1070 g1 8gb card. OR might just get the 1080. But just wanted something to hold me over till prices go back to normal

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

The only alternative I could suggest is looking at open box cards on amazon and newegg.

Or you can check out nowinstock.net to see if you can get lucky.

I was shopping for a GTX 1070 but I kept putting it off. Now with these GTX 1070 cards going for 479, I ended up buying an open box Asus GTX 1080 for 530 on newegg.

The 6gb 1060 is a great card for 1080p. You should be able to get what you ask for out of the 1060. From what Ive seen the GTX 1060 can get close to 60fps in all but a few games at 1080p. High settings should be no problem. You can check out the GTX 1060 reviews at Techpowerup.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I went and ahead and ordered the 1060 gb card cause I didnt feel like waiting and once the prices go back to normal on the 1070s im gonna get one of those and sell my 1060. Will be here tuesday. I should've got the 1070 when its was $392 but kept saying i will get that last then boom the mining stuff happened lol. But i watched alot of videos about the 1060 gb with basically the same setup as mine and does pretty good. Bought all these games on steam sale and cant play them till tuesday lol

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

You should wait, I got this email about the GTX 1060 series from EVGA:

"I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue with the orders. Due to the amount of purchases, we are currently sold out for the moment. The cards are not being discontinued and they're still in manufacturing, we're just currently out of order. If you would like to stay updated, feel free to utilize our auto-notify button. Once the product is available, you will receive an email notice."

[comment deleted]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Newegg has them $299 limit one per customer

[comment deleted]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

that's a horrible price. turn on the flag to only show newegg.com as the vendor because newegg has reliable prices.

I did this an looks like they are out of 1060s. Amazon has one here https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-06G-P4-6262-KR/dp/B01LZ3VNG0/ref=sr_1_1?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1498422971&sr=1-1&keywords=gtx+1060&refinements=p_6%3AATVPDKIKX0DER

[comment deleted]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

ok yea but rather spend $300 right now then spend almost double that for a 1070. Which what i was gonna get for just 1080p gaming.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube