add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Wheres the best place to get widows for cheap

Frostbite11
  • 35 months ago

Wheres the most reliable and cheapest place to get a windows 10 key for my new build, Or is there anyway i can transfer/copy my windows key from my laptop to my computer build so i can use it with both computers

Sorry I dont now much about this part of pcs

thanks

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

I believe that once the OS is installed on a given machine the OS is married to the motherboard and can't be used again on a different motherboard. I recommend purchasing an OS from a reputable source linked on this site. Usually you can get Win 10 64 bit for around $90.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

ok thanks for the help

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

... is there anyway i can transfer/copy my windows key from my laptop to my computer build ...

No. Not for the OEM versions of Windows.
Microsoft OEM Software Licensing: Rules & Restrictions:

OEM Software may NOT be transferred to another machine. Even if the original laptop, PC or Server is no longer in use, or if the software is removed from the original hardware, OEM licenses are tied to the device on which the software is first installed...

... so i can use it with both computers ...

No.
Only exception would be those with volume licensing contract.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

ok thanks for clearing that up

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube