add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Evga 600 B1 didn't work.

Haunted007
  • 33 months ago

Hi guys. Just yesterday I got all my parts in and fixed everything where necessary and gave it a shot after connecting a screen to the CPU to start my build. Wasn't expecting it but it didn't start at all. I am kinda confused with all the wires in the evga 600B1 I have plugged the main ones in but missed some of them for which I didn't find the ports for in the motherboard. Please help me out I'll share the specs of my build also share pics with anyone who is willing to help. Thanks.

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you plug in: The 24-pin to the connector on the top-right of the motherboard? The 4/8-pin for the CPU at the top-left of the motherboard? The SATA power to any potential hard drives? The PCIe power to your GPU? The molex to any fans that need it?

If you've done all those things, I would start by making sure you flipped the switch on the power supply that turns it on, and make sure you connected all the front panel wires to their respective headers on the motherboard. If you haven't connected the front panel power button to the motherboard, the only way to turn it on is by touching a screwdriver to the pins.

If all else fails, I would do the paper clip test on your PSU to make sure it's actually working, and if it isn't I would exchange it for a better one or just RMA it.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya I have connected the 24 pin connector, the SATA power cable to the hard drive and PCIe to the GPU. I might have not found the power button to the motherboard as I never found the port for it on the motherboard. Is there a way I can send you a pic or something.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, well that does it. If you haven't connected it to the case, it won't do anything. In order to find which headers go to which pins, I would recommend looking at the user manual for the motherboard as every one is different. The case probably comes with 2 wires that relate to the power button, one for the button and one for the led. All you have to do is connect the fp power + and fp power - headers on that wire to the respective pins on the motherboard, and then do the same for the fp led + and fp led - (note that it may not be called those, depending on the motherboard). You'll also want to connect the other fp headers to their respective pins, which should again be listed in the motherboard manual.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Any risks in the Jumper Test, cause am getting scared right there as if there's gonna be a blast or something and I'll be like here I am Heaven, was only trying to make a PC build and got the gift of my life :P

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

No. There is no risk to it, just make sure you do your research. However, have you tried hooking up the front panel to the motherboard yet? It won't turn on unless you do that or short the 2 power pins on the motherboard.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Most likely be the wires from your case that needs to connect to the motherboard normally at the bottom-bottom right of motherboard. From the bottom left should be HD audio then you have a few very small 2pin connections for Power and Reset, HDD LED and a single pin +LED and -LED. Make sure all them are in the right spot as if its not in the right spot wont work.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Make a photo of the back of your pc, as well as a photo of the inside.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube