add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Haswell compatibility of Corsair VS550

Ghostwalker
  • 75 months ago

The Haswell compatibility list has been published many many months ago and it states that the Corsair VS550 PSU is still waiting to be tested and it is likely compatible.

Many many months have passed and nothing has changed. I would like to build a Haswell PC using this PSU and I want to be sure it is compatible.

Do any of you have any info on this? Thank you!

Comments

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Using a non Haswell certified PSU will still work, just so you know

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

I am aware of that, but I want to make the most out of the system. If needed I'll get a CX750, but I don't need that much power for a 4670k and a GTX760.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

True, but there's not necessarily a drawback to having a higher wattage psu. That said, Corsair's cx series has a mixed reputation as it's oem is cwt.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the replies! I'll probably get the VS550 then.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube