add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

pc crash when gpu under full load

wweerr
  • 33 months ago

I just upgraded my gpu to gtx 1080 ti :) but when under full load the pc crashes. However, using evga precision xoc and setting power limit to 80%, it is stable. I'm wondering what is happening.

My current thinking is that the psu is probably not working too well. My current psu is evga nex750b and I've been using it without problems for 3 years.

Any ideas?

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

did you overclock your gpu?

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a evga gtx 1080 ti ftw3. So i think it is overclocked by default?

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you try the GPU in another build at all? Your PSU has more then enough power so I would venture to say the GPU is not stable with stock settings if its crashing at stock and only working when you lower the power limit, but hard to say. When you say it crash's do you mean the PC locks up?

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I only have one build :(

When I was using my old gtx770, the computer also staggers under heavy load, the power rating of the 770 was 250w compared to my current evga ftw3 which has 280 power rating. Maybe the extra 30w is the last straw?

The PC black screen then restarts. If it's less severe the screen freeze for a while, then works again.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube