add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Installing Windows 10 OEM

Patrickn29
  • 35 months ago

I am selling my pc very soon to my friend and right now I have the free version of windows 10 with no activation key. I am soon going to be resetting the computer to brand new. I am wondering if when I reset it and it asks me for a Activation code right after you reset your PC can i enter in the OEM key and will it work? Thanks in advance for the help and support.

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah it works. I did it

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually, the OEM version is for those marketing a PC to give to others. So yes. (Officially, it's only for PC construction/refurbishing corporations and companies, so usage of it by a private citizen is piracy, but Microsoft has been so unclear on the subject that no one, even the government, cares.)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube