add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
skinmachine
  • 34 months ago

Yes I know lots of post covering this. After reading a lot I am still not decided. I am just wondering. What is the general feeling is windows 10 Worth all the bs that come with it. I am still thinking about windows 7 just because I don't have to deal with all the other bs that comes with windows 10. Yes I know all the differences. Is it worth it overall to go with windows 10 even with the bs it comes with.

Comments

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Windows 10 is worth it. The cons are either outright fabrications or greatly exaggerated, and 7 is a platform in its twilight years. The fear-mongering was outrageous for 10, but Microsoft shot themselves in the foot with how aggressively they pushed updates on people.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Windows 10 LTSB (2016) with Classicshell is unbeatable for a gaming machine.

• 34 months ago
  • 0 points

How much time are you willing to spend a week troubleshooting a computer? If >5 hours, then you will be fine with Windows 7. If less, then get Windows 10, because Windows 7 will soon stop customer support (Spring 2020), meaning no help. Also, Windows 10 is more modern.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 34 months ago
  • 1 point

This, you have summed it up.

Seems slow compared to 7 due to unnecessary animations and whatnot

my nemesis, My laptop is sluggish and can't handle Win 10 well, and when ever I click the start menu button, I get a 1 second delay because it has to load all the "fancy" transition slides and stuff like that.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I'm not sure if it is considered horrible, but I have an AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics at 2.20 ghz, and 8GB of ram.

I get tons of stuttering lag and delays when doing pretty much anything, so it basically makes my screen look like it is running at 30hz, not 60.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm... well ever since I got the laptop it has been sluggish for as long as I can remember, and I got it a little over a year ago, maybe it has to do with that a while back windows "decided" to uninstall all the amd radeon software and update the drivers through windows updates.

How can I fix it if it is a driver issue?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube