add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus Sabertooth X79 VS. Asus P9X79 Pro

ArcaneArts
  • 87 months ago

Hello everyone! Making a build here for professional editing and graphic work and I just wanted to ask for which one you guys think is better because those are the two I pretty much have it narrowed down to.

This is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Lai7 (Might be different to the one I showed in the main build thread because I did a few minor changes to the fans and such)

Anyways yeah, Please state which one's better and why! :D

_AA

Comments

• 87 months ago
  • 2 points

really??? almost $4000 and only a 680. smh

• 87 months ago
  • 2 points

for that much money I would expect 2 690's or titans

• 87 months ago
  • 1 point

I would say you don't need the wireless, my wireless is 450mps while my LAN runs 1gps, for a $200 router or however much on running some line I would run the line. Second im not a professional at music but when you explained it didn't sound like music to me so honestly a good set of speaks with your mobo will work fine. Don't get mad if im wrong tho, not sure about that. Thirdly, I just purchased a ASUS Sabertooth Z77, love the mobo, little pricey but I learned my lesson with the programing. If you install the cd do not uninstall it...nothing but issues. Good luck!

• 87 months ago
  • 1 point

So I should go with a sabertooth rather than the pro?

-AA

• 87 months ago
  • 1 point

the sabertooth is nice and shiny and a lot more expensive. Functionally they are more or less the same, I would go pro if I had the choice again.

• 87 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright thank you very much. Now if only you could help me out with the rest of this build. That would be marvelous.

~AA

• 87 months ago
  • 1 point

Guys it took me ages to put that build together. If you can make a better one for $3.5K-$3.7K Please leave your recommendation on my build thread: http://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/1856-new-thread-same-topic-35k-workstation

Trust me according to my specification of a FULL desk setup for professional graphic design. It's easier said than done. Anyways hope to see your recommendations soon! If I made a mistake, I would love to know sooner than later. :$

~AA

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube