add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

So I recently asked opinions on my part build, and the only thing that made me concerned is the PSU

MFMM
  • 32 months ago

The PSU I got is https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16817139026 and the reviews are good, however, you guys said that the rippling is bad.

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 2 points

The reviews on it are not good. Consumers reviews are 100% pointless when it comes to PSU's since they don't take the PSU apart to examine the build quality, they lack the expensive specialized equipment to test the performance, and the very large majority of consumers are clueless about PSU's.

you guys said that the rippling is bad.

I think you mean ripple and that is not the main problem with this unit. The problem with this unit is that its rated for only 30C which is barely above room temperature so if you run it above ~340W (80% of its power output which I learned makes it rated for 40C via Allan_M_systems) its going to have a short life and the icing on the cake is that is medicore all around. Nothing is good about it but its not bad. This all could be forgiven if it wasn't for the price. Its current price is way too high and is competing with the likes of the new Corsair 450W CXM and CX which are much better when it comes to performance and build quality.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah the "green label" power supplies from Corsair are known to not be great at all. A better choice would be the 2017 models of the CX or CXM power supplies, the ones with the black & white labels, those are much much better in quality.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube