add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Loose Wifi Antenna, still works. Ideas for self-fix?

Akut
  • 77 months ago

Just picked up MSI's new Z87I Gaming mITX board. Pretty sweet board, minus the placement of a few headers. After 90% of the installation is done, now doing minor things like screwing in the antennas and pop, one of the antenna's rivets come loose and freespins. The included antennas are built so you can't torque em hard either >.>

Anyways, I don't feel like sending the board back due to locale, and it would take two weeks to get a replacement.

I was thinking just a touch of hot glue? maybe crazy glue (probably won't be that one... unless you guys think it's ok)

Here's the pic: http://imgur.com/bP0rJT4

you can't really see it, but you can see the rivets. it dosen't move, only freespins.

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes hot glue is actually a good fix. Best of luck with your build.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks :D turns out that the WIFI antennas are really well made. They weren't tac welded (thank f&*king god!), just screwed. A small pair of tweezers and a rubber band was all i needed to tighten the socket.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube