add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Why the hell is the msi z77A-G45 Gaming edition so damn hard to find.

DomCatz
  • 77 months ago

I can find the non gaming ones fine but these things are nowhere to be found.

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Simply put? The Z77 chipset is "dead", there will be no more CPUs coming on the LGA1155 socket. Now, think of it this way. MSI started releasing the "Gaming edition" motherboards at around late Spring of 2013, near the release of the new socket and processor lineup, Haswell. Therefore, the Z87 chipset became popular, so what MSI is probably doing is halting the Z77 motherboard production in favor of new Z87 motherboards. It's a smart business decision, too. Why make parts for a dead socket (less demand)? They probably haven't shut off production completely, but Z87 is a safer bet to produce motherboards for.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

I get that but they didn't stop making z77 motherboards and I feel z77 support shouldn't go away until at least broadwell is announced. It just sucks that every other z77 motherboard is pretty easy to find yet this one is such a pain.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe MSI underestimated the demand for that motherboard. MSI certainly already stopped the production of that model to focus on Z87 models.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

May I ask why you are so fixated on this particular board?

MSI has other Z77 options out there like the Z77A GD65 Gaming (Amazon)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube