add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Seasonic Focus Plus or G3 from EVGA?

Joey_12346
  • 31 months ago

Currently, the Focus Plus is $10 cheaper where I live, should I just get that? I keep my computer always on, except night time, or if I'm going somewhere for a couple days or something, and I go on it pretty much all the time, that's why I'm overweight ;) lol, but thats offtopic, c;

Comments

• 31 months ago
  • 2 points

If they are the same wattage and the Focus Plus is $10 cheaper, I'd get that.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

okay.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

There's so much more to a PSU than mere wattage

• 31 months ago
  • 2 points

There's so much more to a PSU than mere wattage

Not sure who you're talking to but I agree. You have to look at the professional independent reviews, otherwise you don't really know what you're getting.

Professional independent reviews matter very much because they test them using professional equipment.

The Seasonic Focus Plus Gold and EVGA G3 are both excellent power supplies.

550W should be enough for almost all single-GPU mainstream to mid-range configurations.

If you are confident in your power need calculations, then 100W-150W of headroom is recommended. So if the maximum draw is around 425W, a 550W Seasonic Focus Plus Gold or EVGA G3 would be perfect.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

You can't go wrong with either one. The EVGA one is higher quality, but the FOCUS is still awesome.

Go for the cheaper one. It won't hurt you.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube